|Title||Myers Family Collection|
|Scope & Content||
Jim and Anna Louise Myers were married in New York City in 1942. After WWII, Jim worked for the Marshall Plan in Rome where they lived for a few years. They adopted Kathy and Dirk in Ireland in 1950. The family then moved to San Francisco where Anna Louise got a teaching degree. In 1959, they purchased a house in Mendocino in the Portuguese Flats. After renovating it, they moved to Mendocino in 1962 where Anna Louise homeschooled students with disabilities and Jim set up a CPA practice on Main Street. Anna Louise began teaching in 1966 at Dana Gray School in Fort Bragg and retired in 1979 after 18 years. The Myers were involved in many local activities including zoning, the Mendocino Historical Preservation District, the Soup Kitchen and anti-war activities.
Family Letters - photocopied and bound together by years; sent to family members: 1949 - 1965. Includes copies of MendSurf, a monthly newsletter for teenagers with Dirk Myers as editor and Kathy Myers as music reporter.
Family Newsletters, monthly: 1991 - 1995, incomplete
Biographical information on Jim and Anna Louise Myers
Mendocino Soup Kitchen, c.1992
A small collection of photographs: 1960 - 1990
Mendocino Zoning, 1970.
Mendocino Incorporation, papers 1970's and 1980's
Obituary on George Reeves, 1905 - 1983
Mendocino City Community Services District papers, 1984 - 2002
Mendocino Coast Reservation papers, 1999 - 2003
Cloth banner made by 4th graders at Dana Gray School.
|Extent of Description||1 cubic ft.; 17 folders, 3 folders|
|Caption||Anna Louise and Jim Meyers|
Business & Commerce
Myers, James, 1915 - 2003
Myers, Anna Louise Sanford, 1917 - 2011
Myers, Dirk Sanford, 1950 - 1987
Keifer, Kathleen Myers, b.1950
Reeves, George, 1905 - 1983
Mendocino Historic Preservation District