Kelley House Museum logo
Kelley House Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object ID 2008-04-11
Object Name Documents
Collection Historic Houses
Title Flanagan - Escola House
Scope & Content Documentation on the Flanagan - Escola - Avery House located at 44901 Pine Street on the corner of Pine and School Streets. (APN: 119-150-21)
This property was purchased by John Flanagan from H.L Lansing before Pine and School Streets had been established. The Flanagan house was built in 1889. In 1922, John Escola purchased the home and moved in the house with his wife, Nannie Flood Escola. Nannie continued to live there after the death of her husband in 1948. Following her passing in 1979, the house was sold by her heirs to Robert and Amanda Avery. In late 1984, early 1985, the Avery's undertook to raise the ground floor of the single house to two stories, building a new story under the original structure.
Extent of Description 1 folder, 8 pages; 3 photographs
Credit line Kelley House Historic Buildings File
Caption Flanagan - Escola House
Classification Buildings
People Escola, Nannie Flood
Escola, John Seth, 1887 -1949
Related Publications Mendocino Historical Review Newsletter - Winter 1984
Subjects Houses