Kelley House Museum logo
Kelley House Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object ID 2016-008-039
Object Name Correspondence
Collection Kelley Archives
Scope & Content Correspondence relating to the construction of the Point Cabrillo Light Stationn, including report of fencing and the gate, the details of the shipment of the lens (about $4,500) and fog sirens (with 2 copper trumpets), interconnecting telephones between the lighthouse and the three houses.

Shipment was planned on the Sea Foam to the dock at Little River.

The five principle buildings were built by the Lingreen Company: tower and fog signal building, 3 houses, and barn.

The Army Corps of Engineers was responsible for the sewer system, water tank and tower, water pipe, road and culvert, lantern room, fog signal.

The lightkeepers installed the lens and machinery.
Year Range from 1908
Year Range to 1911
Credit line Point Cabrillo Lightkeepers Association
Caption Lighthouse Correspondence
Search Terms PCLK
Point Cabrillo