Kelley House Museum logo
Kelley House Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object ID 2012-004-001
Object Name Log, Ship's
Collection Kelley Archives
Title Log Book of the Brig Glenco
Scope & Content Log Book of the Brig Glenco mastered by Captain William Copeland. The log mentions the following items of interest: weather, course, knots, soundings, members of the crew, lighthouses, capes, points loading and mooring.

Ports of entry for the Glenco: Albion River, San Francisco, Humboldt Bay, Eureka and San Pedro. The Glenco also had a regular run from San Francisco to Albion Bay. The Brig Glenco was the first boat to leave Big River, on March 17, 1853, (Alta California) with 151,300 feet of redwood for Williams, Meiggs & Co. (Henry Meiggs and E.C. Williams).

*Log book was later used as a scrapbook, as was common at that time, and several pages are pasted over with newpaper clippings.
Caption Log Book of the Brig Glenco
Classification Ships
People Copeland, William
Subjects Lighthouses
Ship captains
Shipping
Ships
Weather
Search Terms Glencoe