|Title||Big River School District, Book of Records, 1861-1874.|
|Scope & Content||
Written on the first page, dated October 1861, " A Meeting of the Citizens of Mendocino was held at the Church on the evening of October 3rd, 1861 for the purpose of taking measures to erect a Public School House.
William Heeser Esq. was called to act as Chairman and Rev. D McClure as Secretary.
It was resolved that immediate arrangements be made to build a School House and that J.B. Ford, D.F. Lansing and Jack Rice be appointed a committee to raise funds and Superintend the Erection of the same.
On motion, a subscription paper was opened and those present were invited to subscribe.
Resolved that the Lot on the East of the Church be accepted from Capt. D.F. Lansing as the site for the School House.
On motion adjourned sine die signed, D. McClure Secretary."
|Extent of Description||24 cm|
|Year Range from||1861|
|Year Range to||1874|
|Credit line||Coutesy of Susan and William Norris|
Ford, Jerome Bursley, 1821 - 1889
Heeser, William, 1833 - 1906
Lansing, David F.,1809 - 1877