|Classification||Churches & Temples|
|Title||Mendocino Presbyterian Church: Reflections on 150 Years|
|Physical Description||44 pgs., illus.; 28 cm|
In 1854, the first Protestant services in Mendocino were conducted in the gangmill cookhouse of the Mendocino Lumber Company. The first church to be built in the town of Mendocino was nondenominational as various religious backgrounds, Presbyterian, Congregational, Episcopal and Baptist were represented. In 1859, with eight charter members, a congregation applied and was received by the Presbyterian denomination as an established church. The present building was started in 1867 for the cost of $10,000 and dedicated in 1868. The Mendocino Presbyterian Church is the oldest of California's still active Presbyterian churches as it goes into its 150th year.
Burnett, Elijah Levings
Fisher, Melville J.
Ford, Jerome Bursley, 1821 - 1889
Ford, Martha Hayes, 1831 - 1890
Jackson, Edna Marie, 1901- 1989
Kelly, Peter, 1785 - 1865
Kelly, William H., 1821 - 1895
Mendosa, Alma Jacobs, 1907 - 1996
Mendosa, Mamie Gordon, 1902 - 1989
Preston, Russell W., 1878 - 1954