Kelley House Museum logo
Kelley House Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Classification People
Object ID 2007-03-1135-16
Object Name Print, Photographic
Collection Photo Archives
Caption Friar James Sheridan
Description Friar James Sheridan
Friar Sheridan was assigned as priest to St. Vincent's from 1877 to 1883. In the 1860's, Bishop Eugene O'Connell assigned priests from the Marysville Vicariate to serve in Mendocino. Beginning in 1886, Mendocino County was separated from Marysville and incorporated into the Archdiocese of San Francisco. Friar Sheridan was of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin (OFM) of England and Ireland.
Date n.d.
Photographer T. A. Butler
Credit line Kelley House Photographs
Search Terms Saint Vincents Church
Subjects Priests
Catholic churches
People Sheridan, James D., 1850 - 1892
Related Publications Mendocino Historical Review, Vol. 1 No. 1 Winter 1973
Mendocino Historical Review, Vol. 1 No. 2 Spring 1974