|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Caption||The Helen P. Drew|
The Helen P. Drew in Caspar Bay.
The Helen P. Drew was a wooden steam schooner built in 1904 by George H. Hitchings in Hoquiam, Washington. She was owned by the Lorenzo E. White Lumber Company and frequently docked in Greenwood (Elk) loading lumber , passengers and merchandise for delivery to San Francisco. Helen's ownership changed hands through the decades but she eventually became a fish reduction plant for Gardenia Packing Company and by 1950 was hauled to oblivion by the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers.
|Print size||25 cm x 20 cm|
|Credit line||Emery Escola Collection|
|Related Publications||Mendocino Beacon, "Kelley House Calendar" 9/17/2009|