|Classification||Churches & Temples|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Caption||Eliza Kelley in front of her Baptist Church|
Eliza Kelley standing in front of the Mendocino Baptist Church.
The Baptist Church was dedicated on June 16, 1894, The Reverend John Simpson Ross of Caspar conducting the service. Although Rev. Ross's was centered in Caspar, he officiated at baptisms, marriages and funerals from Gualala to Westport. He was a lifelong friend of Eliza Kelley and was the first minister of Eliza's Baptist Church.
This building was a gift of Eliza Kelley to the church and was in use until 1914 when she died. It now is the home to "Corners of the Mouth", a natural food store.
|Credit line||Kelley House Photographs|
Kelley, Eliza Owen, 1825 - 1914
|Related Publications||Sturtevant, A.J., "Semi-Centennial History of the Clear Lake Baptist Association of California"|