Kelley House Museum logo
Kelley House Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Classification Schools
Object ID 2007-03-1176-19
Object Name Print, Photographic
Collection Photo Archives
Caption City Grammar School
Description An early photograph of the City Grammar School in Fort Bragg. The school was completed in August 1889 and was located on Harrison Street between Laurel and Redwood Ave. It was constructed in Queen Ann style, had four large rooms, and was equipped with all the modern devices, including "speaking tubes". After 1923, it served as the Fort Bragg City Hall for many years and was later demolished. The school was located in the vicinity of the Veterans Memorial Building.
Year Range from 1889
Year Range to 1923
Print size 25 cm x 20.5 cm
Credit line Kelley House Photographs
Search Terms Fort Bragg Primary School
Fort Bragg, California
Subjects Schools
Related Publications 979.415 WHAT, "What Became of the Little Red Schoolhouse?" Vol. 2 - Fort Bragg Area